As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

From Start to Finish... Wednesday, March 7

I created a "jourenda" today -- something that no one actually knows what it is.

A jourenda is something I thought up on my own after trying to find something similar to it in pretty much every bookstore I've been to.  It's a collab of various books that I thought I'd find in one.  I didn't find it though so I created it myself and I gave it that funky name.

Today I sat down and started it.

I sat at my computer for probably a total of 6 hours researching, brainstorming, designing, and playing around with my ideas.  Everything else that I could have, should have and would have done got put on the backburner or I did before I sat down to attack this project of mine.  It made for a super long day but a very productive one, wow.

Tonight I finished creating my jourenda.

So much for it being a "side project" though; it totally consumed all my time and energy today.

That's the thing about me.  When I start something, the creative juices start flowing, and I rather sit down there, attack it, and conquer it all in one shot.  So that's exactly what I did today.  

It's a total of 495 pages and this weekend I'm hoping to send it off to the printers.

No comments: