As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, March 16, 2018

I Blame the Coffee... Friday, March 16

I bought a shirt today and got a discount because I whipped off my sweater right there, at the front of the shop, and revealed my bright pink sports bra to all passing by in the busy mall.  The sales girl looked me and said, "oh okay..." and then she asked if I was going to buy it.  "Yes", I told her.  I had come in wearing a sweater because what was suppose to just be breakfast out turned into me running errands and working up a sweat in the beating sun.  

I didn't have time to go home to change but I didn't want to show up at my business investor meeting super sweaty.  So I bought a shirt.  It read "I am a social vegan.  I avoid "meet"".  Made an entrance walking into that meeting with leggings and this new black crop top on.  Nice.

My investor meeting went really good.  They're in.  Now for them to get back to me with their number.

Three coffees into the day and my day had already been quite productive but then it went into ultra mode.  I turned into this massively aggressive workaholic and was pumping out emails left, right and centre.  I'm approaching various businesses regarding collaborating and sponsors for Empowered Clubhouse so today I researched numerous companies and then sent out over 30+ business emails.  

I was on a serious roll.

I was on such a roll that I even worked right through what would have been my outdoor park workout time and then continued on right through when I was suppose to be boxing. 

My investor had made a suggestion today during our meeting and I totally went with it.  

I think the overdose of coffee is to blame (to thank?!) for today's overdose of work attacked and conquered today.  It was ridiculous!!!

No comments: