As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Maybe the Last?!... Tuesday, March 13

Tonight may have been my last Empowered boxing class in Makati, I'm not sure.

Some issues regarding it are making it difficult for it to continue and I hate when things get overshadowed by "background noise", admin "stuff", like them being two months delinquent on even paying me.  I won't go into the issues because I am grateful for the chance to coach my class there and it was a really great opportunity.  I'm thankful for Coach Kristian for making this happened and I loved coaching my girls, but I just want to do my thing, I just want to coach my class!

That particular coach was there again tonight, the one who tried to punk me off last time he was here, which was only the perfect way to possibly conclude my time in Makati.  This time however I was more aggressive with my approach.  I didn't even bother talking to him.  Instead, I went and reported him to the staff out front.  Their advice was basically suck it up and either train through the nonsenseness of the situation or wait for him to finish and leave.  

One word, ridiculous.

Once again I found myself shaking my head and reminding myself that this is just the universe speaking to me, telling me to get my $#it together and launch Empowered.  

Makati isn't my pool of clientele for Empowered for the very fact that most women living in Makati are not going to fight the crazy traffic and come to McKinley for training.  It's the truth.  I need to get my classes closer to where I'll eventually be launching Empowered.  The plan now is to sit down with the manager of a prestige, high end fitness facility in BGC whom I've met, to talk about launching an Empowered BoxHIIT class in his place.  

No comments: