As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 08, 2018

Spoiled Like a Lady... Thursday, March 8

My body always feels the end of the week coming and so Women's Day falling on a Thursday was just perfect.  I had boxing and then from boxing I raced it home, showered and ate, and then it was off to The Refined to be pampered.

I was treated to a manicure and shoulder massage.

The Refined is a high end salon, a men's-only place, where gentlemen come to be pampered.  They get their hair done, beard trimmed, shoulders and back massaged, and then lounge by The Refined's bar or in the oversized leather couches.  It's a gentlemen's kind of place -- full of class, expensive taste, and finer details.  My favourite part of The Refined, their mancave.  The mancave is located behind this massively sexy, oversized leather door that looks more like a wall, and it opens up to this ultra cozy room with massage beds and sofa chairs.  It's where all their pedicures, shoulder and back massages take place.  All the products they use there are natural products and getting your feet scrubbed with coffee grounds, well, it's as good for your skin as the smell is for your nose.  It's totally rejuvenating. 

I'm a bit jealous that The Refined is only for the men but am grateful that I, a woman, can lounge in their bar lounge area.  That's where I often do work, at the bar, with my computer.  

Today, in celebration of International Women's Day, The Refined opened their doors and services to us women.  I felt pretty spoiled, not going to lie.

No comments: