As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Holiday Hinder... Wednesday, March 28

If yesterday I was in love with that space I saw for Empowered then today I am confused because I saw another space that I could quite possibly be in love with.

Seriously... the struggle is real, perhaps it's rather ironic and different but it's still none the less real. 

TODAY'S MEETINGS:
10am ... Viewing of Space #1 (yesterday's space).
11am ... Viewing of Space #2.
12pm ... Meeting with my Business Development partner.
12:30pm ... Meeting with investor.
2pm ... Meeting with business associate at GAB regarding Filipino boxing license.
3:30pm ... Meeting with Philippine boxing official regarding possible fight.
4pm ... Meeting with my coach regarding training camp.

Eight meetings in two cities on one day, and then I had boxing to go to. When I was notified that GAB was closing early because of Holy Week, three of my meetings instantly got cancelled because they were all connected to it. So then I was down to just five. "Just" five, as if that wasn't crazy enough. I'll be happy when Holy Week is over and I don't have to jam pack everything into such a tight timeline because of the holiday.

The holiday hinder, it's real. It's as real as the struggle. It's just another part of the struggle actually.

Being so excited and possibly in love with two spaces added another struggle to my struggle because now I have to make a decision. It's such a blessed struggle to have though, I know, but I do have to pick. Honestly, out of the 15+ potential spaces that I've seen for Empowered so far, if I had to pick a top two, I would pick today and yesterday's spaces. Now to pick a winner out of the two.

No comments: