As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Busy with Business, from Dawn to Dusk

For the past few months I've been walking by this building six days a week, twice a day.
Today I got invited into it, to check it out.  It's a possible location for Empowered and it's fabulous!
I walked into the proposed space and this is what greeted me.
Instantly I could already see my Fuel Lounge in full swing, brewing up some morning coffee as we lounge around chatting before training.  Oh, and the view... gorgeous!!!
There are two studios within the space, this being the smaller of the two.
I'd probably knock out the ceiling but keep the mirrors.
And this is the second studio space.  The plan would be to knock out one of the walls, eliminating one of the two bathrooms but opening it up to more space for the boxing ring and training.
 My morning started on such a positive and encouraging note and then ended on a similar note with me stopping by Kapwa to go over the legal documents with one of my incorporators.

No comments: