As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 16, 2018

A For Effort, F for Fail... Monday, April 16

I didn't make my weekly weigh-in goal today.  I weighed in at 117.9lbs, that's less than a 2lb drop from last week's 119.68lbs, but my goal was to drop 3lbs.  I can't say I'm surprised though.  I took a kidney shot last week during sparring that really killed things for me with regards to consistency.

Consistency is key.

I missed a day of training and struggled through the next days' training and then for about two days I couldn't really stomach my food.  I didn't eat anything beyond chopped up fruit that following day, Friday. 

No excuses.

Back to the drawing board and back to staying focused and staying consistent because there's no real room for error.  If all else fails, I can bank on leaving the last 5lbs to water weight and leave it to the day before weigh-in but I rather not.  The idea was to drop fast, fast and consistent.

No comments: