As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Double Sweat Sess... Sunday, April 15

Running in the morning, boxing in the afternoon.

No church for me today.

Sorry, God, I prayed to you today but didn't attend your service.

I feel like everything regarding Empowered has been put on a temporary back burner with me training for what is still referred to as "this potential fight".  I did however coach my Empowered BoxHIIT session, which went from 8 participants to 3 with a series of unfortunate events.  Coaching the class was a nice temporary distraction from the fight that has filled my mind with wondering thoughts, anxiety and eagerness.  

I am consumed with thoughts of "this potential fight".  It's borderline ridiculous.

High Street was hosting a Fit Street event this weekend but I didn't really get out to experience or enjoy it until today, when I was walking back from boxing.  Me enjoying it though only went as far as me purchasing coconut water and waving at one of the Pucked Up Philippines people on stage that recognized me.  

Tomorrow I have my weekly weigh in, quite the way to kick off a new week, I know, and I'm apprehensive as to whether it's going to be a good one or not.  I was injured this week and consequently I didn't eat anything on Friday beyond half my breakfast and whatever fruit was in my Extreme Juice.  Saturday I ate a bit but hardly an average day's worth of food based on my body's needs.  I suspect my body is holding onto the food because of this and I feel rather bloated.  

The goal is to be 116lbs.  I need to get down to 108lbs in the end though, for "this potential fight".

No comments: