As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Ending the Cheats... Monday, April 30

Tomorrow is a holiday and today is a Monday, which means people are pretty much in a four-day weekend kind of mind frame, but not me.  I had my weekly weigh-in today.  I didn't anticipate my weight really going down because with my May 13th fight being cancelled and me waiting to hear back regarding the May 22nd fight, I gave myself a bit of slack.  I ate clean, for the most part, but did allow myself some cheats for the week.

Last week's list of edible cheats:
2 mixed fruit juices from Fruity -- a cup of chopped up fresh fruit with presumably a lot of sugar.
2 mini white chocolates
2 bowls of Lucky Charms cereal
2 ice candies

I pretty much allowed myself one cheat a day.

Today I ate a McDonald's hot caramel ice cream sundae, a super cheap cheat that I throughly enjoyed.  If I get this May 22nd fight, in three weeks tomorrow will be my weigh-in.  The fight details aren't set yet which means I don't know the anticipated fight weight or how many rounds we'll go.  What I do know is that starting tomorrow there will be no more days off training, many days I'll be training twice a day, and my cheats will be greatly limited to 1 or 2 for the entire week as I continue to not only cut weight but really amp the condition, strength and overall health and fitness level of my body.  My edible cheats are more or less to help keep me sane and to take away the feeling of restriction my clean eating sometimes brings upon, more so when it's coming down to the crunch as such.

No comments: