As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 27, 2018

One Fabulously Busy Friday

Getting in a morning workout seemed like a great idea until I was bombarded with all these mirrors.
Great, now I can see my bad bedhead from all angles... just what I wanted, urgh.
 Oh ya baby.  I'm doing pikes so high my bum goes out of the picture frame, nice.
Boss babe on the move super early today.
It was about time I got a trim.  Viola.
And it was about time I checked out the condo pool and did some reading.  Double win.
 It's not as crazy stunning as my former condo's pool but it gets tons of sun and was very peaceful.
Say hello to Charlie.  He's the used and abused boxing dummy at the boxing club that was raised in a recent discussion with friends.  Why is Charlie a guy and why would it be so different 
if he were a she?  Good question.  I'm curious.
My long walk home doesn't seem so bad when you consider the alternate -- Friday traffic.
I prefer the walk home.  It gives me the chance to test out Filipino street food.
My latest obsession are these roasted garlic peanuts that have dried peppers in them.  Super delish.
I haven't yet ventured into trying the bread at this little shop.  I fear it'll be too delicious to not have more than one.  So out of fear of not being able to hold back, I haven't indulged.
 But I did indulge in this today -- my much-loved ice candy.
My walk home exposes me to lots of Filipino culture and I love the vibe of this particular community.
It feels what I think is the real Philippines to me.
I live in BGC, the big city, and it's great but tonight it wasn't so great.  We had a massive power outage and many buildings were left in the dark for about 30 minutes. 

No comments: