As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Big News... Saturday, April 28

I've got good news and bad news.

Good news is one of the seven possible opponents I searched out may agree to fight me.  

Bad news is she's listed as fighting at 102.

On the flipside, she's listed at 102 but her last two fights were at 110lbs and 108lbs so if the matchmaker works it out, I may not actually have to lose much weight.  We may be able to settle on 108lbs and that's perfectly fine with me because I've already dropped weight.

I got the news today as I was walking off to the boxing club so that put a little extra pep in my step and off to boxing I raced to tell my coach the good news.

In other news, I found out tonight that one of my friends who also fights at Team Insider just accepted a fight for the May 13th card that I would have, could have, and should have been on.  It would have been awesome to be on that card now that he's on it because we would have had two Team Insider fights on the card and I'm sure that would have drawn a larger crowd.  I'm super excited about possibly fighting on May 22nd though so I much rather take that then no fight at all.

No comments: