As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 07, 2018

Time is Ticking... Saturday, April 7

Twice I was mistaken today as being one of the coaches at the Philippine Army Gym.  One member asked me if the club had an extra pair of hand wraps and another member asked me if they could put music on.  

I AM a coach but I'm not a coach at the Philippine Army.

Yet again the universe is telling me to get my ducks in order and launch Empowered, seriously.

To everything there is a purpose and a plan, a right time and a way, but I question every day when this is going to start to unfold itself for me, for Empowered.  I think things happen because you make them happen so I struggle with accepting the notion that things happen "in due time".  Where there's a will there's a way so perhaps it's not about a "right time" or time at all except the time it takes for you to figure out the way to make your will happen.  I don't know.  

The frustrations are real.


No comments: