As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Never Ending Day... Saturday, May 12

I left my house around 11am for Poblacion.  

I had boxing at 12 noon, a hair appointment at 3pm, and an hour walk between BGC and Poblacion.

Walk to Poblacion, 1hr.
Boxing and functional training, 2hrs.
Discussion and contacting others about tomorrow's fight, 20mins.
Shower and food, 30mins.
Hair appointment, 3hrs.
Walk back home to BGC, 1hr.

I left at 11pm and didn't reach home till about 7pm.

I had just arrived at home when I was then asked to attend a business networking event at the Coconut Club, a bar over on High Street that I've wanted to check out but haven't just yet.  One of my friends was hosting a business promo event there and I got asked to attend.  I was hesitant because my feet were killing me and I just wanted some peace and quiet but I decided to go.  

I'm so bad for getting out of the house, I know it.  I'm kind of a social vegan, it's true.  I avoid meet.  Having said that though, I know that once I arrive, I have a good time.  I am just like my dad in that sense; I'm exactly like him.  And such was the case for tonight too.  No sooner did I walk into the Coconut Club but I was approached by a girl whom I've briefly met before.  Her and her boyfriend and I got talking and next thing I knew it we were discussing me possibly personal training her.  Then, when I left that conversation I was then introduced to more people and ran into even more than I know.  I thought I'd only be there for just a peek, just enough to pop in and pop out, and yet I ended up staying for over an hour.  A trip to the Coconut Club evolved into walking down High Street, grabbing some food and then running into another friend.

In the end I ended up drinking fresh cucumber and apple juice and inhaling a chunk of deep fried watermelon.  Totally not the night I was expecting but it was good, really good.

I definitely need to get out more,... wow.

No comments: