As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Happily Juggling a Full Load... Tuesday, May 15

Due to popular demand, tonight I worked with Skittles on making a personal training ad.

I've agreed to take on more personal training clients.

I currently have one personal training and have been asked by others but have declined the past offers because I only wanted to coach my group classes and focus solely on Empowered.  Then, when I was going to take on some personal training clients, everything changed.  I was offered a fight so I became super focused on training for it, as well as focused on propelling Empowered farther ahead with regards to the investors.  I have since changed boxing clubs though so I have a lot of trust in my training.  It takes me an hour just to walk there but if I plan things correctly, like I have been doing, I can train my Poblacion and Makati clients when I'm out at Team Insider, around their area.  

Empowered is still moving forward.  It took a bit of a slow-mo pace this past month because of adjusting to the new club and all it involved, training for the May 13th fight that got cancelled and then holding my breath and continuing my training camp for the potential May 22nd fight that also got canceled.  

I'm definitely learning to juggle it all though -- being an athlete and being an entrepreneur.

The juggle continues to be a struggle but busy is good.  Busy is better than bored.

I no longer am able to take the random afternoon nap with Balboa or enjoy a midday coffee break outside in the sun because now days I'm going at full speed.  The key to it all, I've found, has been really keeping myself hydrated and staying positive.  Somedays I still feel as if I have nothing to show for all my time here in the Philippines but then I realize things that have changed in me and things I've done.  I came here at 135lbs and am now about 115lbs.  I ran a bootcamp for 47 girls at the Philippines Women University and have trained an additional 50+ women here.  

I've actually done a lot.

I have a charity event I'm doing in a couple of weeks, I've got an upcoming interview and another womens-focus event I've been approached about.  I also have my KMC Solutions mentoring program and I'm hoping to secure a fight for June or accept that July 7th fight.  

Yeah, I've actually done a lot and I'm not about to stop anytime soon.

No comments: