As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 19, 2018

I'm Getting Needy... Saturday, May 19

It was just one of those days -- just one of those days that I'm sure we all go through.

I wasn't having a bad day.  It started out actually quite good and it continued on as such.

I was treated out to breakfast in the morning, had boxing in the afternoon, then worked away on Empowered in the evening, and then was free to kick up my feet and relax with Balboa tonight.

It was a good day, a very fine day, but I had something on my mind I'd be pondering for a bit now.

I might take the July 7th fight.  It's against the opponent that canceled our fight last year, the first opponent that is and the first canceled fight for me here in the Philippines.  The fight weight is my walking around weight which, in my mind and in the mind of my coach, isn't a good thing at all.  She'll definitely be coming in as the much heavier fighter and I'll have to add "weight", which means I'll probably end up having to drink extra water right before I step on the scale for official weigh-in.  

It looks like little to no such luck with getting a June fight because there appears to be no present fight card so that's rather disappointing.  To be training so hard and then to have no set goal, no fight.  You can't imagine my disappointment.  Every day someone at my boxing club asks me if there's new news and I'm getting sick and tired of there not being any.  I had gone full force with my training when I got wind that I'd be fighting May 13th.  And even though that got canceled, the hopes of being put on the May 22nd card kept me focused.  Promises of June kept me somewhat focused but I did take a week off with my super-focused, ultra clean eating and strict training.  I started allowing myself to snack more, didn't go as hardcore with my weight training after boxing but instead banked on doing it later on in the evening.  I did train a lot in the evening, but not as many times as I had planned for.  

This week I have to get back to it.  I need to refocus.  I need to get a fight.

No comments: