As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Introducing The Hub... Tuesday, May 22

It's official, for the next 26 weeks I'll be heading into KMC Solutions once a week for the entrepreneur mentoring program.  I'm pretty excited about it and feeling pretty blessed too because I know some of key players at KMC and I know they're genuine about wanting to help me out.

Only one problem...

I'm suppose to type up this diagnostic exam about Empowered Clubhouse but my business plan is about to drastically change.  On Sunday I announced that this upcoming Sunday will be my last free BoxHIIT in the Park, I threw it out there this past week that I'm now accepting personal training clients, and now I'm about to launch my small team training.  The response I've gotten has been ridiculously fantastic, so much so that I'm thinking about launching an Empowered Clubhub before the actual Empowered Clubhouse.

Hub before house, did you catch that?!

I've been asked to possibly take on two small teams, a couple of personal training clients, and then a couple of corporate classes, which is great but all this traveling to and from will greatly eat up my time.

Enter my idea about the Empowered Clubhub.

The Clubhub will be the first physical location for Empowered but it won't be the final version because it'll be smaller but it'll also be by appointment only.  It'll have basically what the final version will have but on a toned-down scale.  I'll definitely make sure it has the Fuel Lounge and Mini Pro Shop though but it'll just be me coaching and working alongside an assistant.  A crew of two.  

No comments: