As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 07, 2018

Sweaty from Morning to Night


Today Coach Adamson snapped candid pictures of us on our phones and then posted them on Facebook with the hashtag "finger workouts".  In my defence, I was snapping a picture of my in-your-face boxing boots.  Regardless, I told him I'd get him back.
Snapped this of him, on the floor wrestling with one of the big guys.
They were doing padwork for Muay Thai when suddenly they crashed and started grappling.
I figured I'd get Coach Mercelo too, because he knew what Coach Adamson was up to and he smiled at me instead of telling me.  I took some videos of my padwork today and screen captured him trying to photobomb my video.
 Now back to work... real work.  Real, hard work... training.
Got in my solid rounds of padwork with coach before then doing my heavy bag work and abs.
I was doing abs when this guy walked in.  I met him the other day most randomly at The Refined and I had challenged him to come out.  He actually took me up on my challenge, wow.  I was impressed!
I have two big meetings this week that I'm stressing over so late in the evening I decided to hit the weights.  I figured it'd get those feel-good endorphines flowing so I could better attack and conquer my planning for such meetings.
Mission accomplished. 

No comments: