As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Three Weeks Today... Tuesday, May 1

No word yet from the matchmaker and this is killing me.  I just want to know.

There's a lot of background and admin stuff that has to take place on my end once I know the fight is a go so the sooner I know, the better it is for me.  

Background work I have for this fight...

  • obviously continue with the intense training
  • increase in road work
  • continue to cut weight
  • arranging for a possible new sparring partner
  • meeting with possible sponsors
  • licensing meeting with G.A.B. once the fight card is officially submitted
  • get the hardcopies of the signed letter and Korean license from the Korean commissioner
  • when the fight card is submitted, I have to set up various medical check appointments for my Filipino boxing license
  • submitted all my medical check results
  • decide on purse split
  • arrange to have my fight shorts made
  • inform others about the Fight Day details -- date, place, time, tickets, etc.
  • figure out Fight Day hair style and appointment
  • rearrange my coaching schedule for Empowered (group class and PT sessions)
  • ...and I'm sure there's other stuff too!
When you consider this time possibly in three weeks I have to do all the above plus whatever else comes up, it doesn't make for an easy road to Fight Day with all these distractions.  It'll be a very busy and a very tight timeline to get all this stuff done.

No comments: