As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A New Disconnection... Tuesday, June 26

I was planning on going to bed early today... the key word here being "planning".  It never happened.

I think I went to bed around 2am. 

The other day I got a new sweater from one of my sponsors and tonight I decided to take a pair of scissors to it.  Balboa didn't exactly stop me either nor did any of my Instagram followers who I asked if I should be even doing it in the first place.

It was a long day full of lots of boxing and lots of business but I couldn't sleep.

Next thing I knew it I was chopping the sleeves off my new sweater and then making one for Balboa.

Was this the most interesting part of my day?  Hell no, but I think I've found what it is I can do to disconnect... DIY projects... I'm serious.  Do It Yourself projects.  I'm not too sure how Balboa feels about it but my late night DIY sweater got me thinking about what else I could do myself.  

My next idea... tie dying.

I bought this very funky crop top sweater from the store the other day and it looks pretty badass but what you don't know is you can't actually wear the hood on it nor can you wear the sleeves fully down.  The hood is super small and the sleeves must have been made with a midget in mind.  The proportions are ridiculous... RIDCULOUS... because yes, all caps are definitely needed here.  I should really snap a picture of how that sweater looks if I wore it as a normal sweater.  My instagram posting of it got mad likes because, well, I'm showing skin in it, but a lot of people have since requested that particular sweater.  If only they knew.  

Click HERE to see the sweater I'm referring to here.

As fo my tie dying idea, I love the look of the sweater I got because it's got pink and white and it looks to be tie dyed.  I'd love to design a badass sweater for Empowered and alter it to my liking.  I'd chop the sleeves off and tie dye it, that's for sure.

No comments: