As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 30, 2018

An End and a Beginning?!... Saturday, June 30

At the KMC Solutions meeting today I got into quite an interesting discussion with a young, energetic guy that was super supportive of me and Empowered, my business.  We talked about the power of social media and I had noted that though I don't have many followers on Instagram, about 1800, my followers are quite interactive with me.  Many of them like my pictures but some of them post comments on my pictures and some go even further with messaging me privately about my Instagram Stories.  On an average day, I'd say that I get anywhere from 4 to 15 private messages from followers.

So my numbers are low but my interaction is pretty high.

It's pretty cool.  
  
What this particular young guy recommended to me was to start a Vlog, a suggestion that many others have given me actually.  I don't really know how to do a Vlog though and I doubt the camera on my phone will be sufficient.  It's another added expense too that I really can't afford so that may be the crash and burn of that idea.

Homepages are kind of out dated I find.  They're a lost form of entertainment, perhaps like MySpace.  I don't know.  Vlogs are the thing and YouTube is ranked as still the number one form of social media.

An idea I'll consider and look into.  

Now to see if any of my friends have a good camera they can perhaps sell me on the cheap.

No comments: