As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 07, 2018

Back to the Swing of Things... Thursday, June 7

Returned to civilisation today.

Yesterday was one overdose of social purging, if that's even the right way to describe it.

Still feeling the frustration with the cancelation of fights and it being the fourth time now.  Getting my name known here as a fighter because of my cancelled bouts isn't how I want to become known here but it's complicated.  It doesn't need to be complicated though, that's the thing.  Just been dealing with the wrong person but I've definitely been learning who I should and who I can be turning to for help.  

Grow through what you go through... right?!  Right.  Exactly.

It's still a bit sensitive for me to deal with some people and I think they know who they are.  I was definitely out and about today with boxing, weight training and then dropping by The Refined, so it was a pure bonus and partly luck that I didn't run into such individuals that I really don't want to deal with right now.

Thank you to those in the boxing community here in the Philippines who have reached out to me.  Whether it be fellow fighters, various coaches, a boxing ref and other boxing officials, or fans, it's been very encouraging to hear that others are rooting for me in my corner.  Tomorrow I'll be contacting a potential new manager for me and another boxing promotor.  I'm optimistic about it and figure that things can only get better.  No more cancelled fights or miss-matched bouts.  Let's fight!

No comments: