As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Boxing or The Meeting?!... Thursday, July 14

My 9:30am meeting got postponed.  I was told to "come back at lunch". 

My 10:30am meeting went on without me.  I thought it was being held at the original location.

Thinking lunch was around noon, I returned only to find out they meant after lunch, 1:30pm.  

So there I was, after lugging my bodyweight in boxing equipment around the city because I was suppose to go from one meeting to the next and then go straight to training, sitting poolside, wondering if I should go to this meeting or go to boxing.  I couldn't do both.

I went to the meeting. 

The meeting lasted exactly 4 minutes and I left having given a task -- write up a short proposal about what I had pitched to the condo property manager.

I'm trying to teach one of my BoxHIIT classes in my condo. 

An outside company is about to launch a Zumba and Salsa Dance class, I say the survey circling among my neighbours, so I thought I'd jump in and take the opportunity to try to launch my BoxHIIT class although this time I'll be offering it as a camp.  A four week camp that secures I'll have participants to train as oppose to trying to collect them every week.  A four week camp with the same participants also means I'll get to build upon what they learned the week prior and really take the class somewhere with their skills and techniques.  Four weeks isn't a lot when you consider it's only a once a week session but it's definitely a start.  

In July I'll also be launching two other camps, one at KMC here in BGC and one at LoKal Hostel in Poblacion.  In August, I have a third class starting up, a private one, at a local condo in BGC.  

The ball with Empowered is definitely rolling.  Very cool.

No comments: