As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Last Dirty Dish... Sunday, June 3

I had a fight scheduled for May 13th, then my opponent canceled. 
Then they tried to schedule me one for May 22nd, but they couldn't find a sponsor.
The May 28th fight was too low in weight so my coach told me not to take it.

With that initial fight, the May 13th one, I changed every thing -- coach, boxing club,.. even license and manager.  I dropped mad week in the first two weeks in anticipation of the fight and then kept my weight down and held my breath, hoping to hear positive things about the other two potential fights.   Nothing became of them though so then I decided to relax with my clean eating.  It's almost as if I went and rebelled against it for the sake that I know I had really gone so hardcore with my eating and training but with no real goal except the hope of a fight.

Now I'm back to training hard and eating clean.

I got messaged today by a matchmaker, wishing me good luck on an upcoming fight... an upcoming fight that wasn't made official to me yet, a fight that I haven't actually signed the contract for let alone been given the contract for... but apparently it's a fight that's already being advertised.  He passed on the fight card write up and viola, there I was.  It's a four round fight.

Today was the last day of "dirty eating" so I had an ice cream caramel sundae from McDonalds and then in the evening I was treated to probably the best ever sinfully delish but oh-so-good pie.  At Larry's they bake a toffee banana pie that is RIDICULOUSLY delish, it's borderline too good to share actually.  It was the perfect way to give into any sweet tooth craving and say goodbye to them as for the next three weeks I'll be eating super clean.  

I've got a lot of weight to lose in three weeks.  I don't even dare disclose how much... partly because I don't actually know how much.  I haven't weighed myself for almost a month now.  The anticipated fight is set for 105lbs and, if I had to guess, I'd say I'm standing in right now at 120lbs.  

The fight is in three weeks, no pressure.

No comments: