As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

One Busy, Nonstop Day

The shirt says it all.  Unless you've got breakfast, coffee or pancakes,
don't wake me up early in the morning.
What's smellier than my gear after training?!
My gear after training and then after a full day and full night of sitting zipped up on my bag on a shelf at the boxing club.  This gear right here, wow, I can't even begin to describe just how potent it smells right now.
Yesterday I left all my sparring gear at the boxing club and sprinted home.
It's a 4.5km route that takes me about 50 minutes to walk but, yesterday, in flip flops and in the crazy downpour, it took me 22 minutes to sprint it.
Lots of stuff today today, including sending off some exclusive Empowered Slay gloves..
Then in the evening, after training and after other word stuff, I then had to return 
to the printers to get my new Empowered sweater dealt with.
Mission accomplished.  I'll post a picture of my new sweater tomorrow.  
It's pretty fabulous, not going to lie.  I love it.

No comments: