As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 02, 2018

Sharing Team Insider... Saturday, June 2

Today one of the girls from Empowered that I train came out to train with me at Team Insider.  I decided to give her "the full training experience" so I had her meet me at my condo here in The Fort BGC.  We loaded our bags up with training gear and then off to Team Insider Boxing Club we headed.

I made her walk the way, after all that's what I do every day I train, 6 days a week.

We arrived at Team Insider, already sweaty but eager to train.  I introduced her to the coaches and to some of those training too.  Then we geared up and started our training.

Skipping.
Shadow boxing.
Padwork with Coach Adamson in the ring.
Heavy bag work.
Speed bag.
...More padwork with Coach Adamson.
And then functional weight training -- isolated core exercises and a full body workout.

Two hours later and we still there -- giggling in the corner of the boxing club and literally sitting in our own puddles of sweat.  Then it was time to take our boxing gear off, pack it up, and then haul it home on our one hour walk back.  I treated her to roasted peanuts from my street vendor buddy, Jay, on our route back.  Back at my condo, she showered, we chatted for a bit and then she went home while I returned to working on Empowered Clubhouse.

It was pretty cool to have her join me for training, to experience first hand how intense training at Team Insider is.  It's such a solid boxing club and it's always intense training there but it's also super fun too.  There's always such positive energy going on, not only from the coaches but from the others training there, and I always get to crank up the music.  

No comments: