As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 13, 2018

A Full Plate of Awesomeness... Friday, July 13

Last night and tonight I had two business meetings regarding Empowered Clubhouse and at both meetings they wanted to know Empowered's recent activity.  To tell you the truth, on a daily bases I kind of feel overwhelmed with all that I'm juggling with Empowered and I feel like the work never ends, but when I sat down at these meetings, I was easily able to list off what's up with Empowered.  Saying it out loud I think helped to maybe sort my ideas and see that yes, perhaps I do have everything under control.

So what's up with Empowered (EC), you ask, well, these are the major things that are being working on right now...


...with regards to the EC SLAY LINE...
  • The recent launch of the Slay equipment line.
  • Dealing with my Pakistan supplier and customs regarding the delivery of the Slay gear.

...with regards to the EC LIL SISTAS outreach program...
  • Supplier trial run for the finalized Lil Sista' Slay glove design (different Pakistan supplier).
  • Prep details for the launch of the Lil Sista' Pow Class.
  • "I Am Empowered" Manifesto Writing Contest.
  • Preparing the design for the Lil Sista tank top.
  • Working on the launch details for the "Help a Lil Sista Out" outreach support event.

...with regards to EC TRAINING...
  • Currently coaching boxing conditioning personal training clients.
  • Recent launch of the Poblacion BoxHIIT Camp and coaching the weekly camp session.
  • Upcoming start day of the BGC BoxHIIT Camp and then continual weekly session coaching.
  • Prep work for an upcoming small team training condo proposal.

...with regards to EC EVENTS....
  • Preparing a team to possibly compete in the Spartan race in September.
  • Working to bring a crew of women to the women-only Binibining Marathoner 2018.

...with regards to EC's "Next Phase"...
  • Location hunting for the private EC studio. 
  • Working on the design and supplier for the club tank top. 
  • Possibly hiring a potential PR Rep and/or an assistant.

So ya, it's a lot but I think I'm managing well, considering I'm also juggling life as a full time athlete and have both my countless hours of boxing and weight training to fit it, it's quite the juggle.  Sometimes the juggle is the struggle but hey, if you do what you love and love what you do then you continue on because it's what makes you feel alive.  

Empowered, as it stands today, isn't where I thought it'd be.  It has definitely taken on a different route but I feel like I'm more in love with it's potential and what it's doing than I was when I first started.  Every day I'm realizing more and more it's potential and endless possibilities.

No comments: