As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Amazing, Inspiring Women

 On Friday I was asked to participate, yesterday I signed up, today I won first place.
It was a rough and tough run to the top but the view was amazing.
Today's Vertical Run was pretty amazing, not going to downplay it, and I have this lady to thank.
Upon returning down after the run up, I was asked to pose with this fierce gal for a picture.
At the moment, I didn't know who she was or why the picture... then I found out.  She had been sitting in first place... that is until I went up.
Talk about fierce competition, I beat 2nd place by 20 seconds and 
2nd place beat 3rd place by milliseconds!

Proud to be sharing the stage with these fierce females -- this year's 
top 3 for the women ages 30-39, Vertical Run.


I love a good competition and today the three of us really gave it our all.  Before today, I didn't know these girls, but now I know them as this badass awesome fabulous females that really kicked butt at the Vertical Run. 
Shout-out to all the ladies who participated in the Kerry Sports ManilaVertical Run today!!! 
I met so many amazingly strong women; so very inspiring.  In this picture, the top three runners for the women's 30-39 category and a fierce female from the Elite category with our very own Coach Amy scoring first place!

No comments: