As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 09, 2018

Thanks Mother Nature... Monday, July 9

Talk of an expected typhoon was all the hype yesterday so I went and moved today's scheduled morning coaching.  It meant I got to sleep in, great, but it also means that tomorrow I have any extra early morning and I'll be walking two hours -- 1 hour there and back -- for a 1 hour PT boxing session.

Woke up today, no typhoon.

Waited around, still no typhoon rain.

Decided that I wasn't in fact going to take today off boxing so I geared up and headed out.

Guess what happened.  Typhoon rain.

Mother Nature is not a friend of mine, apparently, so I showed up at boxing completely soaked.

And what's worse than the smell of training gear?  The bag that the training gear sat in.  It smelt like a$$, seriously.  Walking home from boxing, I knew full well that with every little gust of wind, whomever happened to be walking past me was instantly the victim of my a$$-smelling bag.  Sorry people.

Next on my list-to-do, make a boxing gym bag that is waterproof and doesn't smell like a$$.

No comments: