As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 20, 2018

Hard Training Followed by Dirty Eating

With Mother Nature raining down on us on the daily and flooding our streets and sidewalks, I had to walk in flip flops to the boxing club because my sneakers were soaked and smelly from yesterday.
My favourite part of my walk to boxing, walking through this community.
Can't say I really like the excessive puddles here though.  
Last week, I walked through a white puddle... yes, white.
I've been training with Coach Marcelo this past week and he's been killing me.
Okay, so maybe I didn't die but I came close to puking in my own mouth a couple of times.
"Friday nights use to mean something", I blurted out today.  Well, tonight, this Friday night definitely meant something, it meant Cheat Meal Night!!! Usually this is reserved for Saturday or Sunday but we thought we'd splurge, make an exception, and enjoy it tonight.
For an appetiser, a deep fried onion (see the picture above this one) 
and then for the main course, chicken pasta.
Cheat Meal Night went a bit extreme... dessert was added.
Do I feel guilty? Absolutely no.  I don't do this on the daily, I don't even do this on the weekly.

No comments: