As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Looking for The Way... Thursday, July 19

Time to pick up the slack from yesterday.
Yesterday, productive?!  Epic fail.

Today, recovery needed... definitely.

And on that note, I set out to pick up the slack, slay my goals and bust my butt at boxing and with working on Empowered.  I had a personal training boxing client in the morning so I was up at 6:15am for her and then I had to go to my boxing training across town.  

Today proved to be quite productive in that I was contacted by City Club regarding some forward movement I want to take with coaching there and I was approached by a new female-only company that wants me to test out their products.  

I had a whack of emailing to do and appointments to set up.

Am visiting a possible site on Saturday for a startup location for Empowered so today I searched out a site, proposed a visitation and now am waiting for confirmation from the broker and owner.

My plan with that, with this startup location, is to either fund it myself or go with just one of my proposed investors and I know which one among them I'd pick.  Originally, my idea with Empowered was to go big but being a big establishment doesn't quarentee you'll have the big clientele, long list.  It just means you'll have a lot of space.  It also means you'll have a lot of bills too.  The possibilities of problems are many.  So, smaller space, smaller possibilities for problems and a smaller clientele list is required.  

Phase One of Empowered is happening right now but I'm eager to move to Phase Two.  The ultimate, final phase is to have a massive warehouse that house not only several fighting sports but also a rock climbing wall, in house kitchen/restaurant, a multitude of classes offered beyond things like yoga and boxing.  I also want cooking classes, stress management classes and various other seminars, as well as social events.  

But that's the final phase.  Right now I'm working on the build up to that.

Right now my head is in a different space because Empowered is in a different space, a different phase.  My goal right now is to move into the startup space and launch Empowered into Phase Two.  I think I came up with a brilliant idea for it too but now to see if it's even allowed.  That might be a problem.  But where there's a will, there's a way.

No comments: