As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 06, 2018

Unexpected Competition... Friday, July

Today's Schedule:

6:27am     Wake up, have breakfast, and pack my gear for coaching and boxing.
8:30am     Personal training with Client #1 at City Club, Makati.
10:00am   Stop by Team Insider Boxing Club to pick up gear for Client #2.
10:30am   Eat my next meal and quick meeting with the manager of LoKal Hostel.
11:00am   Personal training with Client #2 at LoKal Hostel, Poblacion.
12:30pm   Boxing at Team Insider Boxing Club, Poblacion.
3:00pm     Return home.... c-r-a-s-h-e-d!!!

Took Coach Adamson's shoulder to my head and also his elbow, yikes, so I returned home feeling a bit dizzy and nauseous because of it.  My plan was to get home, shower, eat, and then jump into working on Empowered Clubhouse but no sooner did I shower and eat but it was lights out for me.

Woke up 2 hours later to Skittles telling me to come to The Refined.

The Marketing Director for Kerry Sports was there; he was asking about me.  He wants me to compete in a race he's hosting this weekend.  

Apparently I am now doing the Vertical Run this Sunday.  Moving my day off from Sunday to Saturday this week because the Vertical Run means I'll be running up 59 flights of stairs.  I've done almost 40 flights recently.  I do that probably once every week and a half after I train legs though I did originally intend to make it a weekly thing.  Perhaps I will now though.  So I'm competing in the Vertical Run now.  Tomorrow I'll go sign up at Kerry Sports.  It's in the Shangri-La, a gorgeous hotel here in the heart of BGC.  

No comments: