As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Lots of Empowered Gear Being Tried and Tested

Product test day -- testing out the new potential gloves for the Lil' Sistas!!!
The gloves were super snug but then again, they are made for a child's hand.  They felt exactly like the ones I fight using in my pro bouts and my hands were flying as I threw the punches wearing these!
 From my boxing to coaching boxing.  I had to pack a lot of gear for tonight's BoxHIIT Camp.
 There was that bitter sweet moment when I unpacked all my stuff and realized that all these gloves were going to a new home now.  Six of them now belong to KMC and 1 pair was purchased by one of my long time clients who, as I just realized it tonight, has trained with me at pretty much every location I've coached at here in the Philippines with the exception of Lokal Hostel!
And there you have it, my new crew for the BGC BoxHIIT Camp, Round 2.
They were a pretty awesome group of woman and I totally applaud them for their fierce efforts!

No comments: