As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Product Reviewing... Tuesday, August 14

I must admit, it was pretty cool to be doing a product review on a product I made myself.  Okay, so technically I didn't make it with my own hands but I did design it and then my manufacturer in Pakistan brought it to life.  That's still super cool to me.  I didn't really think it too through though because in bringing such a small glove to boxing, I risked not even being able to use it.  It was, after all, made for a child and I don't exactly have child-like hands.  So I wrapped up my hands and then slipped into the gloves.  Except there was no "slipping", there was pushing and wiggling, jamming and pulling.  Those gloves, woozers, they made for a tight fit with my hands all wrapped and padded.  I managed to get them in and so started the product review.

Love, love, LOVED them... seriously.  I think I might actually use them for my own training, just wrap my hands up different though.

In the evening, a product review was given by the ladies I coached at tonight's BoxHIIT Camp.  I had brought seven pairs of gloves to training.  All were officially sold and no longer to be sitting in my house, waiting for a forever home. 

Yes, I know they're "only" gloves but they're like my baby.  I've been working on those specific gloves since November, that's 9 months ago.  I have a friend who in that time got pregnant and is about to give birth.  She made a human in 9 months, I made gloves, both of us are having "babies".

The ladies I trained tonight liked my gloves and I was quite happy with that.  They've been made with the Filipina's hand in mind, a hand that is much smaller and thinner than Western girl hands.  I asked them if their hands sat snug in the glove or if they wiggled around and all said the gloves were quite snug so that was right on par with the design of them. 

I have officially sold all the gloves in the first delivery and this week I'm getting more but already many of them are spoken for, very cool. 

No comments: