As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Pushing for the Next Phase... Saturday, August 18

I met with that man today.  It was a good meeting.   He offered his commercial space but I said no.  He wants me to go see it and I will but I will stick to my no.  He also wants to work with me regarding my Lil' Sistas Project and so that's awesome.  He runs a cooking show and teaches kids to cook so that's a positive potential right there.  My only concern would be the privacy of some of the Lil' Sistas, given that some of them are runaways.  There may be issues regarding showing their faces on TV so I'll definitely have to talk to Sister W about it.  

I've come to the conclusion that for the next phase of Empowered, I don't want any help from my investors.  I don't want to have them involved unless it's to loan me money.  I do need money, I need a chunk of it, but I rather borrow it and pay it back with interest than offer part of my business, a percentage of it or it's revenue, in exchange for it.

For the next phase of Empowered, I'm looking at needing about 75,000Php and that includes equipment and rent.  It only includes one month rent though where as my other business plans have a security of 6 months worth of rent included into them.  My rent, if I get the place I'm currently looking at, would only require me to get three clients.  I currently have those three clients, so technically my rent is already covered.

No comments: