As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Body Love Revolution Conference

I was personally invited to attend the Body Love Revolution Conference by the cofounder of 
She Talks who I just recently did the One For Freedom event with.
 I walked in and this was quite the impactful greeting -- two rows of portraits of different women.
Every woman has her own story and some of them were more obvious than others but it was interesting to note how courageous they were to have their picture snapped as such and displayed for all to see.  Props to them.
The event was a women-focused one but I was accompanied by two women-loving men.  
Thanks guys.  Thanks for the added support and for loving us badass, bold women.
Big things happening for this lady right here, Vicky, one of the cofounders of She Asias.
I love meeting women like her -- strong women who stand up for what they believe in and are all about empowering women around them and beyond.
This right here, is the story of my life.  Always hungry but always wanting to work on my body but food is always on my brain.  The struggle is real.  Sure, it may be real funny at times but it's still real. 

No comments: