As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Boys, Boxing and Biceps

If ever I was a social vegan, now would be the time.  Having two little boys at home, waiting for me, means in between meetings, coaching and training, I rush home to be with them.

Cassius trying to help me today by getting me my measuring tape.  This week I've been taking clients' measurements.  Sorry Cassius, but I can't have you chewing away any inches off my measuring tape.  Chew your toy instead please, thanks little guy. 
 Propping my computer on the bed to work beside them only works when I've exhausted them.
Tonight I hosted the last week of the BGC BoxHIIT Camp, Round Two, and it headed with my girls all giving me hugs and us sticking around to talk a bit.  This was a smaller camp but the few girls that came out really trained hard, I'll give them that much, so I was proud to coach them.
 I've been away from boxing for over a week now, I've entered week two, and though I like weight training, I'm super itching to get back into the ring.  Feeling kind of lazy with lacking the instant intensity that boxing adds to my usual routine.  Weight training alone just isn't cutting it for me.

No comments: