As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 17, 2018

How Do I Pick?!... Monday, September 17

Today's plan -- coach, train, visit the potential space in BGC, and then work more on Empowered.

Last week I had seen more or less a kind of teaser for the place that'd be offered to me today, a condo unit in the residential tower that's almost similar to the one in the commerical tower.  I thought it'd be bigger and more expensive, and it was.  There's the advertised price of the space and then there are all the finer details, the added costs, the stipulations, and the complications.  There's a pool in the building.  My guests/clients aren't allowed to use it but I am.  However, after 6pm I have to pay to use it.  Things like that, strange little details that only complicate things and, truthfully speaking, turn me off.  

Having said this though, but by the time I had reached home, the broker had reached out to me and agreed to my terms.  Not only did he agree but he offered me more incentive to pick it.  He lowered the price by a lot.  Now the place is actually very close to my budget.  

On Wednesday I'm meeting again with the broker for the Poblacion space.

Poblacion or BGC, that is the question now.

No comments: