As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Great Idea, Big Price Tag... Thursday, October 25

I think I figured it out, a way to quickly and efficiently put on handwraps on 76 girls.

"Quick wrap".

I now coach a group of 26 girls, ages 6-16, and a group of 50 girls, ages 10-20, and though it's not totally necessary for them to wrap their hands in handwraps for boxing with me because they're not hitting heavy bags just yet, I do want to teach them right and teach them right from the start.  I don't want to teach them that there are exceptions to the rules and that they can ignore rules around safety.  I don't think it sends an appropriate message nor does it teach them what they should be learning.  

I found a quick wrap handwrap online but they're actually quite expensive and range from two to three times the price of regular handwraps.  So while they definitely suit the need I have to be filed, they create a bigger problem and that's being able to pay for them.

Right now, I have raised enough money to buy roughly 45 pairs of childrens gloves that I've designed and am having manufactored in Pakistan.  My currently supplier isn't familiar with the quick wrap but another supplier, one I wanted to work with but ended up choosing not to, he sells the quick wraps.  My plan is to possibly work with him, add some tweeks to the quick wrap in terms of structure and design, and then make an order.  I need at least 50 of these quick wraps but my plan is to order more and possibly add them to my Empowered online store.

Now to figure out how to raise at least another $350.

No comments: