As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 25, 2018

A Fully Loaded Kind of Day

On Thursdays I feast like a queen and do some serious carb-loading 
-- French toast with a side order of scrambled eggs at Larry's.
I don't usually box on Thursdays but I had missed yesterday because of work stuff so today I headed out to box.  Only on problem, two right handed gloves.  I had brought one of my old gloves and one of my new... oops!!!
And if bringing the wrong gloves wasn't bad enough, I then had to borrow someone else's.
A pair of 8oz gloves with broken padding, brutal.  Left boxing with bruised, bloody knuckles.
Raced off to a quick meet and greet at a local shop that had reached out to me -- Head Quarters.
They just recently launched their official MGM Rocky shirt collection so they asked me to be a part of it.  They didn't have to ask me twice if I wanted to wear a Rocky shirt!  Love it!!!
 In the evening I attended a fashion show... I was lured by rumors of free food by this one particular young lady who's launched her own food company and the displays are out of this world super cool and super delish!!!  For your sake, I wish this were a scratch n' sniff picture!
 The fashion show was for RVMP, a clothing line that one of my boss babe gorgeous gal friends has.  It was a pretty cool show, very cool that it was at The Refined, but I still think she does more for the brand than any model she could possibly hire because every woman wants to look like her and every man wants to be with her, plus she has quite the inspiring story.

No comments: