As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 26, 2018

More Than I Expected... Friday, October 26

Coaching in the morning, a seminar in the afternoon, and struggling to get home in the evening.

How ironic, I got stuck in Makati.


They opened a Tim Horton's coffee shop on my old street, after I left.  Nice.  I had a struggle and a half getting to Makati on time for coaching in the morning and then went through hell trying to get out of that city in the evening.  


I was done work stuff by 5pm.  I didn't get home till close to 9pm.

That's Manila traffic for you.

In other news, I've been reaching out to a few collabs that I'm interested in bringing onto the Empowered team and today I met another potential -- a health coach that makes the world's most delish carb energy gel.  Do you know what Cliff Shots are?  They're carb energy packs that long distance runners usually eat along their runs.  I sometimes eat something similar to them during my boxing but haven't lately because I ran out of my supply from Canada and they're too expensive here.  But today, oh wow, I met this lady who makes them along with other fabulous plant based foods.  Today she made these plant based burgers that were totally meat free but so full of amazing flavor.  I was very impressed.  In addition to her foods, something she more or less does on the side actually, she's also a pilates coach.  Can you say perfect for the Empowered Clubhouse? Oh yeah!!!

No comments: