As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Rambling... Tuesday, October 9

Skittles has been out in Canada for almost a week now and it's been difficult without him.  I have no one to really bounce my ideas around with, no one to vent to, no one to motivate me, and no one to tell me to go to sleep when I'm working way too late and have to get up early.  I'm always working late these days and always waking up super early.

I woke up at 4am today to Cassius having an asthma attack.

I had just gone to bed about 2.5 hours earlier.

I scooped that little dude from his cage where he was sleeping beside Balboa, and just cradled him.  He always looks so scared when he has an attack and most of the times he spreads his little arms and legs out, like he's on ice or something, and he huffs and he puffs.

It was hard to go to sleep after that so I put both Balboa and him in my bed.  

No sooner had I gone back to sleep but it was time for me to wake up again.

Alarm went off at 5:45am and by 5:50am I was already downstairs and out the door with the two boys, taking them on their morning walk.

Today I only had a morning client to coach and an evening small team to train, but in between them I had about a billion and one things to do... of course, always.  

I hit the gym in the afternoon for an upper body workout.  I had talked to some of my friends back in Canada, about a common friend we all just recently lost, so today we trained in his memory.  The plan was to up the weight in our exercises and then train to exhaustion on the last sets.  I got a bit emotional at the gym, thinking about my last conversation I had had with this particular friend.  He died at age 26, that's crazy.  I've already had 12 years more of life than him.  

No comments: