As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 01, 2018

Setting the Week Up... Monday, October 1

Things to do this week:
  1. Renew my tourist visa (...yes, again!!!).
  2. Start BoxHIIT Camp, Round Three, here in BGC.
  3. Decide upon the exact unit for my private boxing studio.
  4. Propose counter offers for the top two rent spaces.
  5. Rough draft of Empowered Clubhouse floor plan.
  6. Resolve my CIBC (Canadian bank) password problem.
  7. Outline for the Lil' Sistas Project.
  8. Contact selected organizations for a Lil' Sistas Project collab.
  9. Business meetings regarding new design team manufactorers.
  10. Try to get a confirmation regarding the potential investors' investment.
  11. Schedule a meeting regarding the Lil' Sistas Project days.
  12. Create new pitch deck of Empowered for KMC presentation.
  13. Proposal for future motivation talks. 
  14. Create one or two more vlogs for my YouTube channel.
  15. Dinner out with Lil' Sistas Project donor.
  16. Take Cassius to the vet.

I chatted online with my best bud in Canada, Captain Bowtie.  Man, I miss that dude so much.  We talked about what I'm up to and he noted that I really needed to disconnect, relax a bit.  He told me how I should go with my gal pals to the spa and I responded by telling him I have no real gal pals, plus if I did, I wouldn't be spending my money on a spa visit because I'm saving it up for my business.

My business is what my life is focused on right now, my business and my boxing.

It was kind of a harsh reality check, telling him that I didn't really have any friends here.  I mean, I have friends but they're all in some way either connected to my business or to Skittles' business, so when we go out it's business.  It makes it impossible for me to disconnect when I'm with them so I stay home, hang with my pups and work on work some more.  

Skittles is going to Canada this week, on Wednesday actually, so while he's away the plan is to work like a beast on building Empowered and pushing things forward even more.  I really want to impress him when he gets back.  He's my main business mentor as well as one of my business incorporators so it's very important that he sees that I'm slaying away, working not only hard but also smart.

It's going to be a big week for me.  I've got much anticipation regarding it too.

This week Skittles will be sitting with my father, telling him about my business and trying to reassure him that my move to the Philippines was for the better.  My father doesn't know too much of my business and the rest of my family, like my brothers and cousins, know little to none.  Again, and I've said this before, I don't come from a family of entrepreneurs and given the fact that they're still trying to digest why I left Korea, my life is very confusing to them.  I understand that.  Just wish they'd ask me about it and be proud.  I use to really want validation from them, to know that I'm supported, but now it's okay whether or not I have it.  I validate myself and I love what I'm doing.

No comments: