As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 05, 2018

Hoping It's The One... Monday, November 5

Last week I was approached about a temporary sponsor from a food company.  As many people know I was with Yummy Diet for a good chunk of time there and for the past three months I was "sponsored" by them.  Note here, the quotations were much needed here because I wasn't exactly sponsored.  Truth is I was being somewhat hushed for a mistake they made that almost turned lethal.  But we addressed that issue, my business and I did, and they're working to improve upon it.  Hard lesson learned.  However, after my "sponsorship" with them ended, I decided not to continue with them for the simple fact that their meals lacked veggies and they just can't cook rice.  I don't know how you can be Asian, living in Asia, and not know how to cook rice.  I'm Polish, I grew up only eating rice twice a year and even then that was rice bought in a box, but I know how to cook rice.

Anyways, moving forward...

I was approached by the Six Pack Chef, a food delivery company that I've heard much about but have never actually tested out because I was with Yummy Diet and am currently trying out a different food delivery company.

Currently I am eating food by Plan:Eat, a company that I was impressed with from the first day but have since changed my views about.  They send me way too much processed stuff.  It's Monday, and today I've been given THREE different kinds of processed carbs -- bread, pasta, and a plantain wrapped in what looks like a deep fried pastry.  

Let the record show, I try hard not to eat processed food.  It gives your body nutritional stress.  I really try to eat as clean as possible and whole foods.  I don't eat anything that comes from a can or a box; basically nothing that doesn't have to be stored in a fridge or that won't die within a week of purchase.  Plan:Eat is sending me way too much processed food and today started week two with them.  I think this will be my last week with them and here's to hoping the Six Pack Chef pulls through with their promise.  I can't stress enough how important food is to to body -- to my body, to my training, and how it really stresses me out that I need to be eating cleaner and more appropriately but that I need help doing so.  I'm so busy and I don't cook, hence why I even considered going with a food company, but it's been hell trying to pick one that meets my needs as a busy entrepreneur, boxing coach and pro athlete without breaking my bank account (and lack there of it).

No comments: