As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 09, 2018

Trying Another One... Friday, November 9

On Monday I start Day One of my temporary sponsorship from the Six Pack Chef and it couldn't have come at a better time because I've reached pure frustration with my current company.

Food companies I've tried:
Dear Diet PH
Yummy Diet
Plan: Eat

I felt like I'd have to go on a diet if I continued with Dear Diet PH because they served way too much processed food but they also leaned way too much on cheese as a source of protein.  Sorry I'm not sorry but cheese isn't a legit source of lean protein. 

I was with Yummy Diet for awhile and I quite enjoyed it until I didn't.  Somewhere along the line they either changed chefs or forgot how to cook rice because their rice killed it for me.  It was so damn dry and I always had to water it first, like it was a plant.  Needed to revive it.

Just recently I was trying out Plan: Eat and I did like them... at first.  I've only been with them for two weeks and the first week they were doing an "Asian Favourites" week but this week it feels as if the theme of the week has been processed food, seriously.  The only day they sent me 5 little biscuits for breakfast, a massive cinnamon bun for a snack, white pasta, and deep fried spring rolls.  That killed it for me.  I have Skittles eating with Plan: Eat too and he's continuing on for next week but I messaged Plan: Eat on his behalf and told them to replace all their breads for the upcoming week with rice so let's see how that goes.

I can't wait till I start the Six Pack Chef next week.  I'm optimistic about them because I've checked out their menu and have read many great reviews about them.  They're sponsoring me for two weeks and then they'll decide if they want to continue or not.  I'm also optimistic about that too because my clients all know I am all about food delivery services and many of them have gone with Yummy Diet because of me.  I didn't disclose that I was on Plan: Eat because I wanted to try it first before I promoted him.  Sorry but I don't promote anything that I myself wouldn't personally go with.  So, as for Six Pack Chef, next week I'm trying it and I'll let you know how it goes.  

Here's to hoping I've found a winner.

No comments: