As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

All is Right... Tuesday, December 18

Today may very well have been one of the coolest and proudest days for me as it marked yet another tie I broke with Korea.  

One less thing holding me back.

Today my boxing manager leant me his driver and we zoomed around the city, picking up my results from my medical tests done yesterday, getting my doctor's signature, and then dealing with handing in my boxing license forms to GAB.

At exactly 4:23pm, I officially became a Filipino professional boxer.

My license switch over from Korea was approved, my documents had been signed and stamped, and all my medicals past their GAB doctor's approval.

I am no longer a legally registered Korean pro boxer.  

I am now a legally registered Filipino pro boxer.

The realization of the this and the finalization of this is such a relief, you have no idea.  It totally erased the running-around-like-a-chicken-with-its-head-cut-off afternoon I had just had finalizing all this.  

When 4:23pm came around and the commissioner said it is done, it had only just started for me.

I am so happy, so proud, to be fighting on behalf of a country that I love, a country I call my new home, a country that is good to me and I'm good to it.  It just feels right.

No comments: