As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

It's All Coming Together... Thursday, December 13

It's with teary eyes and a huge, happy heart that I announce that ALL my Lil' Sistas in Antipolo at the Center of Hope officially have a gift coming their way. 

I did it.... WE did it... we actually got ALL the girls accounted for.  

I honestly can't believe it!!!

I knew I was optimistic in launching this Christmas event/clothing drive but I also knew I had a huge mission ahead of me.  I was well aware that it might not possibly be successful so I was expecting to have to shill out my own money to get all the Lil' Sistas covered.  Just recently the Center of Hope rescued more girls so our number went from 42 to 50.  But tonight, thanks to the Lady Mavericks' donation of clothes, all 50 Lil' Sistas have a gift coming their way.

This is so amazing, honestly.

When my teammates gave me their big box and bags of clothing, I was touched, but upon walking it over to The Refined and feeling the pull of carrying it all... wow... the reality of it set in.

We actually did this.  Mission accomplished!!!

Next on my list is to get prizes ready, snacks, juice and a cake.  

I've already had a few individuals and even a company reach out to me regarding helping out with the prizes and snacks so that is so incredibly awesome.  Their generosity is so great and I hope they understand just how grateful we are for their wicked support.  This event honestly wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the kindness of the community.

A few women in the community applied to be a volunteer so now to see if they can accompany me on the actual event day.  Originally it was suppose to be for December 22nd but then my fight got changed to that date so we had to change it.  Now, the BIG Lil' Sista Christmas is officially set for the morning of Monday, December 24th.

I'm so excited for it... for all the Lil' Sistas!!!

No comments: