As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

They Better Correct It... Wednesday, December 12

At exactly 7:23pm, I officially signed my fight contract.

Fighting 4 rounds at 107lbs.
Elorde Sports Center, Sucat.
Saturday, December 22, 2018.

There was a minor error in my contract however so I'm waiting for it to be fixed or I'm going to make a fuss and ask for a change in weight.  The fight is suppose to be only a four round fight but in the contract it read "six (4) round bout".

Six?!

Six (4)?!  What's that?

It should read "four (4)".

If they want to make it 6 rounds, okay, but let's negotiate the weight and make it 110lbs.

I had to sign the contract though, the matchmaker is heading to immigration's head office to apply for my special work permit so he needs it.  It's mandatory.

My concern is that it is signed, despite the error.  Now to push him to get it corrected and send me a copy of it.  Honestly, I don't have a good feeling about this but I don't want to really voice my concern because I really don't even want to put anything negative into the universe.  I'm trying my hardest to trust those involved to help me and have my best interest in mind, but I'm a skeptic.  I'm not stupid.  I don't want to be stepping into the ring and them announcing it as six rounds if that's not what the original deal was.  Originally, they also told me the weight was 108lbs and my opponent was different.  Opponent got changed, weight got changed... and now the rounds, too?!  Better not.  I can do a six round fight, I've done 8, but I'm cutting the most weight I've ever cut for a fight and in the shortest time span I've ever been given.

I weighed in at 125.5lbs two Mondays ago and the fight weight is 107lbs.  That's a huge drop.

No comments: