As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, December 17, 2018

They Needed a Sample... Monday, December 17

Waking up and knowing I have to do my medicals today.... blahhhhhhh.

I had to get the following done for my fight and for my boxing license:
1. drug test
2. pregnancy test
3. Hepa-B
4. CXR - chest x-ray
5. ECG 
6. CT scan of my head

Everything but the drug test was done at one spot and, very surprisingly enough, it was super fast.

Shout-outs to St Claire Medical Center in Makati!!!
Your staff are super sweet and ultra helpful and you had me in and out, all 5 tests done, within an hour!!!

The drug testing place, on the other hand,... wow.  They were overly distracted by the Miss Universe pagenant that was going on today [Yeah here to Miss Philippines!!!] so I had to randomly remind the front desk girl that I was still waiting.  I was told that the drug test would be a blood test so after giving my urine sample at St Claire Medical, I thought it'd be a breeze.  I can take a needle.  I don't like it but I'll take it.

Wrong.  The drug test is a urine test.

So they gave me this little bottle and what looks almost like a little saucer.  They tell me to follow this female staff member into a private bathroom where she stands and waits at the sink while you go into the stall and pee.  

I only peed about half the saucer worth.  She then told me to pore it into the small bottle and then pee again.  One problem, I'm starting to dehydrate myself for the fight so I knew I wouldn't be peeing till about three hours from now. 

"Just go drink some water", she says.

Drink some water?!  I'm cutting weight.  I have weigh in with my coach as soon as I leave here so to drink water means to bring on the stress.

Stress... brought on.

I drank about a litre of water and then stood there for a solid 40 more minutes.  I then tried to pee again but got but only a sad dribble.  That's not to say I didn't fill that small bottle though.  I was smart.  I had assess to water but only the water that was in my mouth and in the small toilet stall with me.  I won't say what I did nor will I admit I even did anything beyond pee but I will say that when I left that stall, I had a full bottle.

Now I have to come back tomorrow for the results. 

No comments: