As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 23, 2019

And He's Off... Saturday, March 23

And he's gone.  The Captain has left the Philippines.  He was here for three days and now he's gone.  I haven't seen him for two years and it's wild because when I lived in Canada I used to see him pretty much every other day.  It was awesome to have him here but it was harder than I thought to say goodbye to him.  I went to the airport to see him off and when he passed through security and I drove away in my Grab car, it was a harsh reality that I don't have anyone here in the Philippines that I'm friends with like I am with him.  

There is no Captain equivalency here and that's hard.

I had a full few days with him though and today it was pretty awesome to share the Lil' Sistas with them.  He came out with me to help coach them in my Lil' Pow Boxing Class so that was super cool.  It was great to share parts of my life in Asia with him but it was even more special to share the Lil' Sistas Project with him.  I think it gave him a better understanding about why I'm so passionate about living here in the Philippines and I hope that one day, whenever he sees my father again, he will tell him about the Lil' Sistas and reassure my father that here is where I belong.  I have a purpose here, a purpose and a passion. 

We also took him to Greenhills, to experience some bargain shopping here in the Philippines.

In the evening, we took him to the rooftop bar at the Hyatt here in BGC.


No comments: