As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Breaking Out a Sweet Sweat

 With a possible fight in the works, I'm back to minding my weight and keeping in check.
My pet peeve these days are people who underestimate me and my company because I don't have an actual physical space or because they think I'm "just" an athlete.  If only they knew, seriously.
 Okay, so I've been taking Angkas for about 3 months now, maybe longer, but today was the first time ever that I've had a female Angkas driver so you can imagine my excitement.  I think perhaps I was way too excited but I just thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Yes, this is still the Philippines.  Gorgeous, right?!  Right.
This is what I walk through after leaving one of my clients -- about 50 beautiful horses around a stable.
On a bit of an endorphin high here after I lifted more than the guy beside me at the gym and he had to adjust the machine accordingly, after I just used it.  Ya, I lift weights and yup, I'm a chick.

No comments: